The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Daily Devotional for Friday 23rd August - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Forum: Retired Forums. Please Make Your Post Within The 3 Forums In General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Daily Devotions (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: Daily Devotional for Friday 23rd August (/showthread.php?tid=21280)

Daily Devotional for Friday 23rd August - Edoman - 08-23-2019

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

FRIDAY, 23RD AUGUST

APPRAISE YOUR SOUL-WINNING EFFORTS

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test? (2 Corinthians 13:5 NIV)..

The Message Translation renders our opening verse beautifully. It says, “Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups….” This is one of the things you must learn to do for yourself as a Christian; having an honest self appraisal of how far you’ve grown and are growing in your faith-walk.

For example, you should be able to appraise yourself on your soul-winning efforts. You ought to do this from time to time. Review your convictions about the Gospel. If you’ve been a Christian for a long period, and you’ve been receiving the Word, it’ll be inappropriate for you to require cajoling or “encouraging” to actively win souls for Christ. You should be self-motivated through the Spirit.

Remember, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only hope for the world today, and no sacrifice could be too great for this course. Paul said, “…woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16). So, have an honest assessment of your involvement in soul winning. Don’t say, “It’s for the Pastors and leaders of the Church”; no! It’s the personal responsibility of every Christian. Therefore, set personal targets for the number of souls to win for Christ and do it.

It’s like what we read in the parable of the sower; Jesus said, “…A sower went out to sow” (Matthew 13:3 NKJV). The seeds sown, which fell on good ground produced a harvest: “…some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold” (Matthew 13:8). The Word that was sown “brought forth!” The question then is, at what level are you “bringing forth”; reproducing souls for the Kingdom?

Are you still at the same “thirty-fold” level of soul winning that you were when you initially gave your heart to Christ? You should move to the hundred-fold level. In other words, be all out for the Gospel as though it depended on you alone to reach the whole world. That’s the right attitude you must have for the Gospel.

Review and increase your commitment to the Gospel; and as you increase your commitment, the Lord will grant you more grace for greater effectiveness and capacity to win more souls to Christ. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for counting me faithful, putting me in the ministry to deliver those bound by the shackles of darkness, into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. More than ever, I’m totally sold-out to soul winning, led on by your grace to do greater exploits for the Kingdom of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 9:16; Proverbs 11:30
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Corinthians 8 & Psalms 120-127

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 18:18-27 & 1 Samuel 10

#TALKINGSESSION

23RD AUGUST.

Dear Father, I thank You for the Word, by which I am transformed. The Word is in my heart, working on my mind and giving me the right mindset. Your Word, oh Lord, is my meditation day and night, and it produces in and through me, the character of its message. The Holy Spirit unveils the truth of God’s Word to my spirit, enlightening the eyes of my understanding to know the hope of His calling, and the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.

I am what the Word says I am, and I have what He says I have, because the Word is Truth. I am strengthened, fortified, and energized for victory through the power of God’s Word, and the might of the Spirit. I maintain my victory and dominion over Satan and the forces of darkness today, and with my divine armoury, I extinguish all the fiery darts of the wicked, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

God Bless you

RE: Daily Devotional for Friday 23rd August - Edoman - 08-23-2019

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 23RD AUGUST 2019

THEME: UNRAVELLING DEMONIC ACTIVITIES.

MEMORISE:

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10

READ: Mark 5:1-8

1And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.

2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

The presence of demons among human beings is very wide spread, but because they are invisible spiritual beings, one may not notice their activities except by the power and gifts of God’s Spirit. Believe it or not, demons are everywhere performing their evil assignments, but as God increases His presence in your life, they will be forced to whenever the come in contact with you. This is so because demons recognize the presence of God, and they can’t be at rest wherever presence of God’s presence dwells. In like manner, wherever God’s anointed word is being taught in power, demons will flee, because they cannot withstand the power in God’s word. We see a manifestation of this in Mark 1:21-26 when Jesus was teaching in the synagogue. Similar to this example, Paul and his co-laborer in God’s vineyard were on their way to a prayer meeting on a certain day when they encountered the spirit of divination in a young lady. The spirit became restless because of God’s presence in them (Acts 16:16-18). If you carry a higher level of God’s presence, the activities of demons around you will be exposed, irrespective of where they are hiding. I pray that God will expose every activity of Satan around you today in Jesus’ Name.

The Bible uses a number of terms such as evil spirits, demons, principalities and powers, devils and unclean spirits to refer to demonic forces. However, if we have enough of God’s presence in us, demons will flee when they see us, even before we command them to go. The Holy Spirit reveals to us the secret behind this in Psalm 66:3, saying:

“Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.”

We see a manifestation of this word in Mark5:1-6. When Jesus stepped on the shores of Gadara, a very notorious and highly demon-possessed mad man immediately submitted himself to Him, even before He said a word. Mark 5:6 says:

“But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,”

It is very easy to cast out demons when your life is full of God’s glory. The devil and his demons once stood before God’s presence in heaven, but because of the rebellion, the lost that privilege (Isaiah 14:1215). One of the reasons why Jesus came to the earth is to bring the dominion of heaven to us. Consequently, the moment demons see that same glory on any believer, they will have no choice but to submit to the King of glory, whose presence is visible in all believers. Are you a carrier of God’s glorious presence?

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please fill my life with Your glory that demons cannot withstand in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 3-4
Ezekiel 38:17-39:8

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 13: I AM A VICTOR

1. Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror
Much stronger than all my foes

CHORUS
Jesus loves me and I love Him
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word

2. Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than demons I am
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am

3. Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for
I have life abundantly

4. Yes, I know I am a victor
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled

5. Yes, I know I am a victor
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed

6. Yes, I know I am a victor
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer

7. Yes, I know I am a victor
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home

8. Jesus loves me and I love Him
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah

9. Jesus loves me Halleluyah
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Halleluyah, Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high

*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*DIVINE ENCOUNTER FOR RELEVANCE*

23 August, 2019

Divine encounter can settle a person�s life forever; one encounter of Divinity with humanity can settle a life forever.

SCRIPTURE: And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. Exodus 3:2

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It takes an encounter to counter the agenda of the enemy.

Divine encounter is a supernatural experience that involves the interaction of Divinity with humanity. It is important to note that one Divine encounter can settle a person�s life forever; one encounter of Divinity with humanity can settle a life forever.

Abraham for example, was a generational failure who became a generational success; he was a nonentity who became a celebrity just by one encounter with God (Genesis 12:1-5). At the age of 75 years, he was still in his father�s house, childless and without results, but he got one encounter that turned everything around.

Beloved, take note of the following key thoughts:
i. It takes an encounter to account for your life on earth. It takes an encounter with God to account for your existence on earth; to confirm that you are not a waste or that God did not waste His time creating you.

ii. It takes an encounter to count in life. There are people who are alive but their existence does not matter. It takes an encounter to matter in life.
iii. It takes an encounter to counter the agenda of the enemy. It takes an encounter with God to put the devil where he belongs.

Beloved, it does not matter what is against you, when you encounter God, the agenda of your enemies shall be countered. So, desire an encounter with God.

Remember this: It takes an encounter to counter the agenda of the enemy.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Desperately seek an encounter from God.
2. Study God�s Word and watch out for God�s direct Word to you.
3. Pick up a copy of the message titled: The Power of Divine Encounter by Dr Paul Enenche, and listen to it.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE POWER OF DIVINE ENCOUNTER

PRAYER: O Lord, give me an encounter that will change everything about my life. Counter the agenda of darkness against my life, family and destiny, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Job 8:1 to 11:20, 1 Corinthians 15:1 to 28, Psalm 38:1 to 22, Proverbs 21:28 to 29
QUOTE: Your reach in life, in ministry, and in God is limited by your stretch. Culled from THOU ART MY BATTLE AXE by Dr Paul Enenche
AMAZING FACT: Ostriches are the fastest creatures to run on two legs.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: That encounter that will cause your life to count on the earth shall happen for you in this season, in Jesus� Name.

DON�T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Home Church meeting by 6:00pm tomorrow at a Home Church near you. Also invite your friends and neighbours. God bless you as you do so.

OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 23RD AUGUST, 2019*

*TOPIC: WINNERS KNOW THEY USE CRUTCHES DAILY*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: HEBREWS 4:16; ZECHARIAH 4:5-10*

A crutch is the usual T-shaped support fitted under the armpit, as an aid for movement and motion. We’ve all seen it at one point or the other, but the hidden truth which the Holy Ghost wants you to know today is that, *We All Walk With Crutches Daily! The Two Crutches Used In This Christian Race Are Called, “Grace-Grace.”*

Dear minister of God, your sermons are by Grace! Dear businessman/woman, your success so far is because you are holding tight to the two crutches, *“GRACE-GRACE.”* It is not by your cleverness, smartness or intelligence! Dear child of God, in this second half of the year 2019, humble yourself daily and ask for the grace to run you race. What man calls your exit is what God calls your entry into your complete STORY to GLORY season. A pastor was so busy on a particular week that he had little time to prepare the Sunday message. He fell on his knees and prayed: *“Lord, help me today with grace.”* The Lord replied him thus: *“Son, what has it been all along?”* The shocked pastor thought that because he had prepared very well in the past, it was by his study, his power and his might! He repented from self-confidence and had a very wonderful service that day.

Most times, we all think that it is because of our abilities, preparation, connections, cleverness, intelligence, etc, that we prevail. Use today’s devotional to repent and re-establish your dependence on His grace. In these closing months of 2019, take up your crutches (Grace-Grace) every morning and declare several times now: *“My race shall be swifter in this second half of 2019 and I will arrive at my Promised Land of STORY to GLORY by Grace. I shall not look at my effort or ability. I shall always look to the ROCK, the FOUNTAIN OF MY GRACE.”*

Never forget that you are on crutches! Be humble! (Rise and fall is about to stop – Next week Saturday – Anointing service)!
*Next week Saturday, August 31st, 2019 is Lagos (Ogudu) anointing service. Theme: “RISE AND FALL MUST EXPIRE!” Venue is 8-10 Omotayo Banwo Street, Ogudu-Orioke, Lagos. Come with faith, your anointing oil, your written prayer points, any point of contact and expectations. I shall lay hands on you!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: What A Friend We Have In Jesus…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as it has affected you.
2. Repent from depending on your effort or human abilities.
3. Repent from depending on human connections.
4. Father, do in my life, family and ministry a work that will make men to say that I am a product of grace.
5. Pray the morning and evening devotional prayers daily.
6. *Memorize/declare 2Corinthians 3:5 and 

1Corinthians 15:10 many times now!*
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JEREMIAH 8-11*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 1: What A Friend We Have In Jesus*

1. What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit
O what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
Take it to the Lord in prayer
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

*THE LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, August 23, 2019 - _International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition_*

*TOPIC: REMEMBER ZION*
*Read: Psalm 137:1-7*

*MEMORISE: _If I do not remember you, Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth-If I do not exalt Jerusalem Above my chief joy_ (Psalm 137:6).*

*EXPOSITION*

Today, UNESCO celebrates International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and Its Abolition. It is worth learning from the bitter experience of the Jews in the Babylonian exile, most especially, their responses to it.

Home is the native land, the place or country in which one dwells. It is a place of refuge, rest or care. It is said there is no place like home. There are certain benefits and privileges at home that are not available outside the home. Lives are secure at home. Values are taught therein. There is freedom in one’s home than outside of it.

The people of God, the elect and chosen had it rough in Egypt, it was the same experience in Babylon. Why? They were outside of their home. They lost their security and freedom. Comfort and joy eluded them any time they were taken away from home. The child of God who allows sin to rule over him loses the protection, love, provisions, guidance, etc., made available in Christ. Don’t be a dog while you can be a son *(cf. Matt. 15:26).*

In Psalm 137, God’s people were longing for home in Babylon. They missed home. They remembered how it used to be when they walked among the crowd of worshippers in a great procession to the house of God, singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration. How then can they sing God’s song in a strange land? Do you usually remember what Bible says about Heaven, our home?

Nehemiah narrated how the thoughts of home caused him to take a definite action that resulted in the building of the structural and spiritual lives of God people. As a sojourner on earth, do you regularly remember that home in all you do *(Heb. 11:9,10)?*

*PRAYER POINTS*

*1.* O Lord, give me the grace to always be thinking of Your Kingdom.
*2.* Uphold me, Lord, not to destroy my eternity with anything here, at all.
*3.* Give all believers the grace to always remember that eternity is more glorious and important than life here.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 66:19 – 69:19; Rom. 14:13 – 15:11*
*Author: CAC WORLDWIDE*
*Remain Blessed!*