The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error

Forums
#RevolutionNow-Iretiola Doyle condemned the Nigerian government for deploying armed p - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: News (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: #RevolutionNow-Iretiola Doyle condemned the Nigerian government for deploying armed p (/showthread.php?tid=20509)

#RevolutionNow-Iretiola Doyle condemned the Nigerian government for deploying armed p - Edoman - 08-06-2019

Iretiola Doyle weighs in on the #RevolutionNow protest

[Image: 5d493ce88718b.PNG]

Iretiola Doyle has condemned the Nigerian government for deploying armed policemen to discourage unarmed protesters from carrying out a peaceful protest, yet doing nothing to armed bandits who wreak havoc in the country.

Armed policemen and soldiers clashed with unarmed citizens yesterday, August 5, as they set out to begin the planned #RevolutionNow protest (read here). During the clash between uniformed men and citizens, Nigerians were teargassed and one photo purportedly showed a man shot in the leg. Some protesters were also arrested and taken away in a Black Maria.

Also, prior to the protest, Omoyele Sowore - the organiser of the Revolution Now protest and former presidential aspirant - was arrested by the DSS and is still in custody.

These, combined, created tension in the country and has been the topic of most conversations.

Reacting to the chaos, actress Iretiola Doyle tweeted; "It doesn't matter where you stand politically, you have to admit (at the very least) that it's a curious case when a nation deploys its security apparatus against unarmed citizens while armed bandits roam free; killing, stealing and destroying at will."

[Image: 5d493f06f1f54.PNG]

Her tweet quickly went viral and she soon shared a follow-up post that reads: "For the avoidance of doubt and for those who still choose to intentionally misconstrue my words; let me make it abundantly clear: I am not PDP, APC or any of the P's. I am NIGERIAN - Yoruba by birth, Northern by assimilation and Igbo by association."

[Image: 5d493ca390a01.PNG]
[Image: icon_share.png]
by Linda Ikeji a